Sunday, September 25, 2005

Lost Sundays...

I do not remember, from when Sundays have lost their importance for me, I believe there was a time when I looked forward for Sundays to come, perhaps that was around a decade ago (writing a decade ago, makes me feel how old I am).
Yes, perhaps that was around a decade ago, when Sundays meant Rangoli in early morning, lot of serials till 11 am and than a lazy lunch at 4pm along with Sunday movie and finally the dreaded night when you pack your school bag for next day! Definitely all that glamour of Sundays has been lost somewhere, somehow…now Sunday just mean an another day when I do not have to go to office (till now) and reading newspaper which has load of supplements. Can I please buy back those Sundays...

Last night I went to TGIF, Gurgaon and it was not worth it, though my main idea was to gulp some rum as I was already drenched by those incessant rains and last thing I would have liked was to catch pneumonia as from Monday onwards I am on the floor. However I gulped two large shots and since I had not slept from Friday morning, I was already dozing off before the alcohol can spur its magic…somehow i managed to reach my home back and slept like a log, when i woke up and saw the newspaper i realized..today is sunday..so?

We were three people, Me, Z and his friend, while they were talking about college; I was just trying to figure out the football league match b/w ManU and some other club….all this time, I felt how distances change relationship, though people are not different they remain the same but you always cannot talk about history….as human we tend to look forward….however what about those whom we leave at different corners of our life…..are those people, memories, thoughts are lost in that time or just remain as fossils…

Now about T, every time I think about her, adjoining thoughts about “How long our rendezvous is going to endure?”.... slip in too and than I feel nostalgic and try to divert my mind.
Yesterday we disagreed on existence of “GOD” and finally I walked out only to message her on my way back “ Thx, mam….even the Weather Gods are happy…” than she called me up on asking what I mean and I gave her a silly explanation that it is raining and she believes on God, so they are weeping at my fate…lol.
later when I narrated this incident to my friend, he told me "she is a trainer and she has been handling trainees like me in every batch of hers, so its nothing new for her and don’t try to figure out something on your own" and than the already drenched me felt water creeping inside my heart and dampening it too.

I don’t know, may be I should have more important things on my mind and T is just another phase, like many of those which I have passed over through my 23 years of existence and I feel no reason to be hopeful just like the "Captain of Titanic" who was destined to be Unsuccessful…..
Tere baare mein jab socha nahi tha
Mein thanha tha magar ithna nahi tha,
Theree thasveer se kartha tha bathein
Mere kamre mein aaina nahi tha,



No comments: