Friday, September 30, 2005

......Lost and Found!

Finally today N and Me met….this tryst was a regaling experience for my soul. All the apprehensions I had, swayed away as embraced each other and I was overwhelmed with a feeling of finally meeting some one whom I longed for.
We talked and just talked (most of which, I did), as we revisited our past, got amused about our present and wondered about the future (more of mine, less of him).He listened to me very patiently and I vented out like a volcano….all the emotions that were so deeply embedded finally found a way and after that I felt so relaxed as if I was to die after this, I would have no regrets.

I don’t know, may be our friendship of 05 years was the base or he had grown up but than he listened to me and that was all, I was looking for…he gave me no crap talk, nothing, just patiently listened and than he gave me a mantra, though he said it very naturally I know but it sounded like a mantra to me “When you cant do what you like to, why to ruin what you are doing, at least enjoy it!”
And when we finally parted…..He to his successful world and Me to the by lanes of my unsuccessfulness, I had one thing, which is still frozen on my face, A smile of satisfaction, that will make me go through the ordeal for some more time.....till the rays in the morning would wake me up to remind that how unsuccessfull they are today, to raise the dead up...



On that good note, T and Me had some small talk yesterday and once again I would not like to read between them, will just word them out on the paper........

Scene -1
T – I have high expectations from you. (She said that as a Trainer)
D - *I kept quite*

Scene -2

T – Bhai, do it correctly
D- Now who is Bhai here….*as I took my headset off*
T – *smiles and than exclamation* what’s happening!

Scene- 3

D – Will you let me know about the shift (I said that as a trainee)
T – Of course I will
D – But you don’t have my no.*makes face, as if telling her, whenever I message you, you never reply back*
T – Doesn’t it end with 13152 *smiles*


I finally messaged her on when she forgot to call me about my shift “U…….Me…..Trnspt…..Shift? Am I on leave today “Mam”?” and her curted reply was “No, ur offc rprtng is 8 pm today”
I don’t know whether I am acting as a school boy, trying to make nothing out of it or may be she is handling it too well…or the worst is that the she thinks I am crazy’…..whatever…. “When you cant do what you like to, why to ruin what you are doing, at least enjoy it!”
On that note for N, Me, Z and all friends….

I got my first real six-string
bought it at the five-and-dime
played it till my fingers bled
it was the summer of '69

me and some guys from school
had a band and we tried real hard
jimmy quit and Jody got married
I should known we'd never get far

oh when I look back now
that summer seemed to last forever
and if i had the choice
ya - i'd always wanna be there
those were the best days of my life

ain't no use in complainin'
when you got a job to do
spent my evenin's down at the drive-in
and that's when i met you

standin' on your mama's porch
you told me that you'd wait forever
oh and when you held my hand
I knew that it was now or never
those were the best days of my life
back in the summer of '69

man we were killin' time
we were young and restless
we needed to unwind
I guess nothin' can last forever - forever, no

and now the times are changin'
look at everything that's come and gone
sometimes when I play that old six-string
I think about ya wonder what went wrong

standin' on your mama's porch
you told me it would last forever
oh the way you held my hand
i knew that it was now or never
those were the best days of my life
back in the summer of '69
- Bryan Adams

No comments: