Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Desert Rain'

Nothing new as usual, except I have started reading a book by Dan Bernstein which dissects Dan Brown and his theories, after going through some pages a revelation occurred to me that has been long obscured by the unknown charisma of Christianity.
I felt that what the West is now trying to find out or is discussing upon, we in East have done that centuries ago. If we talk about Hinduism, I can say that we have given our goddesses designated place though in some cases we have just stranded them next to their male deity and their existence revolves around them, however all goddesses have their own individuality e.g. if we take Sita who prefers to go down in earth rather than going again with Rama or Shakti who burns herself making Shiva heretic.

Though I myself do not believe on mythology and would rather like to believe history as what found during archaeological dig-ups and with explanations but than it fills with a unknown proud that well at least is somewhere we lead the West and that too by centuries. So what if we do not have today 8 lane highways or electricity in all our villages, the faith is unblemished in our billion plus family and India is really shining!


My Aim here is not to hurt any religion or say that we are better, all I am just pondering upon the findings of the Da Vinci Code and further discussion upon it. Though I personally feel that the best way to reach God ( if there is any)is to help fellow human beings without any prejudice and if rated on that scale I would vote for Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Edison, Newton and on some grounds even Pope John Paul II as the messiahs of the new age world.

Now let’s talk about mortals like me, who are cached in the monotonous vagaries of life, so my sweetheart got a promotion….now I don’t know how to react to that…be happy for her( which I am, because I know she deserve it) or to rue over the fact that distances have increased by miles…….

I don’t know but as time slips by, the charm is fading away though every time I see her it increases by leaps and bounds and I just want to tell her that “How Much I just wanna sit with her and talk and know about her Aspirations, her Dreams, her Successes and of her fears and none the less of my unsuccessfulness….”

The last thing I hope that I am not getting too much humdrum in all what I want to say but if I am getting predictable than what? But than isn’t the Sun predictable, he rises every day just to go down….and so is he too unsuccessful……


And this is one of my Imaginations for her….

When the stars lit up the sky
Night act as a spy,
When there is just darkness between Me and U
Meaning of distances changes to something new,

When the heart struggles to beat
Or may be it’s the head spinning feat,
I miss u like dreams of a child
Making no sense, innocent and wild,

I wish I could tear those strings
Which keep us bounded to our rings,
Is it only me who build castles in air
Swear, I hold you responsible for this flair,

I am deprived of a saintly joy
Do u believe in it or take it as a toy,
Don’t panic, I am as cool as sea
Just drown in me to be free,

Possession is the art I master
Join me if you wanna walk faster,

Forget it, it’s all vague
Earth only open when hit by spade
Broke the crust that hurts your heart
For me you are my Desert Rain sweetheart.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!
Ur poem is mind Blowing. If its ur own talent, then i m going to increase ur counter daily by 1 ;)
hmm..now since i'm ur friend, i hope u wont mind if i slip this poem in my heart's heart ;) .. i'm not going to tell her that u gave me.. who knows she may run after u! haha..
Why dont u "stealthy" send these poems to ur moon?

faithfully yours,
Nishu ;)

D said...

Thx mate...yeah thats mine@copywrite...lol...and as far she is concerned..."One small step for a man, one giant leap for the mankind".

boogersdelhidiaries said...

Good post.

Love love love...... Wish more people would think and whine about it so that there is less time for fighting with each other.