Sunday, October 30, 2005

In Vain......

I am angry at my society, at my people, at myself…..all of a sudden, they all seem so unsuccessful. I can write a whole book on this I feel, I have hatred for Us not for militants, they do what they want…..but what are we doing…like lambs, one batch slaughtered, rest graze on as ignorant or in illusion…..today the whole of India is unsuccessful……like me……I laugh to weep…….



On this b’ful evening, everything was clear
Somehow a smoky cloud in air
Coz of crackers not to fear,

Bunty and Bubbly, had their affair since ninth
this year, they would be celebrating Diwali as husband & wife,
Raju was pretty excited all day
as papa has promised him, crackers filled night,
Abu was looking forward to Id
also Zenab was to come from Aligarh this week,
Mr. & Mrs. Sharma finally agreed on clothes
their daughter was getting married before snowfall,
Like a bird, they all had worked hard to weave their nest
now its festival time to decorate it at their best,

On this b’ful evening, everything was clear
Somehow a smoky cloud in air
Coz of crackers not to fear,

Three explosions is what the newsreader said
all ringing tones suddenly echoed fear and death,
A scoop for some channel, footage for rest
cops withered; as usual they failed the test,
Bodies mutilated, lying here & there
a dead child their, under the heap of clothes, uff…. with burnt hair,
Ambulances and fire brigades were delayed
c’mon Delhi roads are jammed, VIP movements all the way!

On this b’ful evening, everything was now not clear
a smoky cloud and voices drenched with pain, all I can see & hear,

Bunty & Bubbly are untraceable
Raju’s mom is inconsolable,
Zenab is coming this week
Sharma’s daughter is still unable to speak,

Memories all they remain
they are the one, which cause all the pain,

Homes are still illuminated, celebrating what?
and still there is a smoky cloud in air
Again just coz of crackers, not to fear!

3 comments:

illusion said...

eh....wow!!!!!

Anonymous said...

aww.... :) so many thoughts... i got nothing to write!

D said...

2 both Illuzon and Gem grl - I dont know if this is good or bad, frankly telling you, this time I dont care....I just felt bad and this is what I think...may be an another unsuccessfull attempt....