Friday, October 21, 2005

Me - 1

Born on April 14’82
I dont know who on that day died,
But my mother told me
that next to me, a christian boy was also born alive,

My father, they say was elated with joy
but my grandpa, later i know
sighed with relief as I was a boy,

Father held me in his arms
and showed Delhi, from Safdurjung’s window no.5
little he knew than
that his son would end unsuccessful in this city only in his life,

Searching their success through me
my parents put every effort in,
blood in my veins was too strong
to let them easily win,

We were too rich to be poor
I never knew why!
but my dad towed a bicycle
and I always lusted for toys,

I stole 5 Rs. for a chocolate
how come the shopkeeper knew?
next day my mother wept
and I was beaten to black and blue,

This girl in my class
was two inches longer than me,
and we use to fight with water bottles
while waiting for the school bus spree,

I won the spelling contest, until class five
everytime mom said, she will love me even more
if I win the maths olympiad next time and this never bore,

1987 was the best year of all
my sis was born, and I had now someone to talk,
Some years back, she won a competition tight
In which, some years ago his brother was given third prize,

I fell in love with the neighbourhood girl
I dont know which year it was
I thought we had sex on weekends
until she realised that playing with genitals is nothing at all,

I also remember that day
when my mother slapped herself,
just because she taught me social studies
and it was Hindi’s paper hell!

First time I failed, was in sanskrit test
I remember my legs getting weak
just my mind was running
as how to hide this feat,

I fell in love gain, in class eight
my friend thought, I am crazy
laughed at my plight
as the girl was lame and had fat thighs,

I broke my leg in class ninth
while playing football,
my grandfather also died that year
and we had a family brawl,

Now came the boards
I was scared as in hell
In the last science exam
they told “Air” chapter was important
just before the exam bell!

In the year 1999, I saw titanic six times
a girl in my class, looked kate winslet type,
My ship sanked even before it sailed
her father was killed by someone in rage,
some months later, I tried again hard
this time another guy, won this award,
I kiddishly tried to play, the villian part
and ended with a bloody nose, in a street fight at last,

I just passed 12th
my parents dreams were shattered
and I thought
God,I finally won a battle.......



I know this is not a very good poetic attempt, but to depict my life is too complicated and I am born to be Unsuccessful......as far as 'T' is concerned, her fragrance still lingers on......and I fear falling in love again...not again...not with you 'T'...not with you......

3 comments:

illusion said...

so now you have realised that it was love...right?

Anonymous said...

very nice poem!

i bet u can get part time job as freelance. Its not a taunt but a wisely prasie as very few can have this craze! haha, u can bring something out of me as well (^_^) smiles,

Nishu
(Plz dont call me sir, it looks as if u'r doing buttering for nothing or even worst, mocking at me!!)

D said...

Thx Lash....and boss yes, the fight is on thats why the blog is here, all I have realised that its a unjust fight, a fight already determined to be lost...but than I am still game...

Illuzon...well I fear falling in love with her, I am still on the same stand "Love does not happen b/w unequals"

and Nishu Sir...lol,buttering!!...unsuccessful ppl dont do that...blv me, you can check this at your work place, they just dont care abt such things...lol, and abt me as freelance, check other blogs Sir, you would realise the title of this blog is perfect...but than appreciation they are all mine ;-)