Saturday, November 05, 2005

Deafening Silence'

Well, the past few days were really straight and me so inconsistent in approach that there is nothing to much to ponder or write upon. Life becomes so monotonous that even if you try viewing it from different outlooks it remains the same. Sometimes I wonder that we unknowingly spend a large part of life in blissful unawareness!


Though in my official life there has been a major upheaval, most of my team members resigned over the Diwali holiday debacle’ and me who worked on Diwali is ready for doing an overtime, tomorrow, coz I will get $ 4@hr.
Now all of them who resigned were employees who had shown enough loyalty to the company and rightfully deserved a holiday, since I am new and had no good reason to celebrate Diwali or take a leave coz in this short span of 03 months as I have not accumulated any complaints against the management ( which I believe I will when I am as old as they are in company) worked and I explained them my point of view.

So the next day, they were asked to resign and I was asked to do an overtime, to which both agreed. But I felt my fellow employees were right as last Diwali they told me 'they had worked wearing black bands on their hand', so consequentially this year resignation was the next step. Who was unsuccessful here, they to retain their job or company to retain employees, I don’t know…..

In the past few months, around my locale, an elderly couple, have started selling ‘boiled eggs’ in a corner, the gleam in their eyes, when they see someone walking towards them, makes me buy eggs from them each day….I wonder if this is an another unsuccessful attempt from my side to help the society……or just the dog who ravishes what I leave, blesses me from his heart!


Now this is about ‘T’……a few days ago we met, she came to my workplace…a day before Diwali…..Well once again both of us saw each other and tried to evade, also if I am not wrong there was a moment when I was looking for her and perhaps she for me…when our eyes met. Than I decided that rather than bearing this ‘Deafening Silence’, I should go and talk to her…..so here is the script, and as usual I will not infer anything……..

Me - Hi Mam, how are you?
T - Good, how it’s going? *as we shake hands, a bit in a cold manner*
Me - Good!, A ( an another guy) was angry with you, you didn’t meet him
T – I know, I had a word with him
***She turns towards A and say Are you still angry? A nods head***
Me - Thts why I told A
T – What?
Me - Milte to begano (others) se hain, apne to vaise he dil ke pass hote hein, right?
T - **laughs** Very right, good one
Me - Ok than, cya
T - **nods her head**

Later I messaged her ‘………..and the night sparkled. Happy Diwali’. and as usual my cell phone is still waiting for a message from her, both me and my cell wondering at this Deafening Silence’...heights of unsuccessfulness....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Intresting !!Have encountered the same situation in my past.Almost felt like a deja vu readin this blog:)But then my experience tell me its best to let go..:)all te best!!