Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Sapless Introspection'

My excursion over the continuous stretch of monotonous life, continues on without any major hindrances….in other words each day passes more predictable than the other. Sometimes I wonder that we all yearn for changes and keep on cursing ourselves in one way or the other and when such change occurs than we think about the past and try to relive in its glory! I am not sure whether this happens with me or the whole human society is plagued by this desire for change….. but whatever……Changes are always welcome.

As usual I went to DaryaGanj on Sunday and among the plethora of books tried to search something relevant and than robotically ended up buying 03 different books, of which none was required….well Firdausi’s ‘ShahNama’, Coelho’s ‘Alchemist’ and ‘Best Hindi stories of ’96. Well I always go to DaryaGanj in hope that one day I would stumble upon some rare book or a personal diary…..the search is still on’ unsuccessfully….

Another thing I noticed that even how much our English story writers try but they never will be able to depict the poverty and the intricateness of our society….the way Hindi writers bring it forth….it seems so genuine or perhaps coz of language I can relate it better but than I always feel the nostalgia that is required to linger on after reading a heart-wrenching story can be found only in Hindi short stories. May be I was too obsessed with Hindi in my 10+2.


I am still planning to buy a new mobile phone for me and the choices are between MottoRazer and Nokia 6681 rather the bigger choice is that how to stop myself from buying this and better spending it else. Also I have switched over my newspaper so I believe that now I would be politically more aware since I do not enjoy the luxury of a television. There is a lot of questioning that I have to do with myself about what I am looking for, where I am heading to and what not…but let these questions be frozen as I move on, though monotonously………how unsuccessful!



‘T’……….I have nothing to say about her….all I can remember about her is...


  • Her nose
  • Her smile
  • Her eyes
  • I still visualize her in that blue dress
  • Her rashes that spring on from nowhere around her ear
  • She being uncomfortable
  • The frustration on her face...

May be I am asking for too much……more than I deserve……..but Can't I?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm i like this post so much :) I mean, the last thing, the things I remem abt him .... i can visualise him standing thr.. sometimes getting angry on me.. coz i dint go to meet him.. sometimes coz i dint give him a call.. neways...

abt the language, I read some really really good stories in my high school and 10+2...... hindi ones... they touched my soul and i cud relate to what u;ve written abt the 'feel' of poverty n stuff..
I remem first lesson of hindi of my 10+2, it was abt a lady called "budhiya"......neways.... I have a motorazer....some ppl say it breaks... its camera is of no use and its bad.. however nokia will be a gud choice,, but u can sure make better use of money! :D

Nishu said...

hindi :) ... i love hindi, thou' i'm starved of its flavour here in blore..

D said...

Thx to Gemgurl...less for comment and more for educating me about the mobile phone...lol!

And Nishu.....are you the one whom I call with regards 'Sir'...plz respond!

Nishu said...

aaahhhaa....errr.. now thats a tough question... well, i admit i dont deserve this "sir" status but i told so.. m i right (^_*) .. we are better as friends. (^_^)

illusion said...

ya..Hindi or regional writers for that matter you can say have the liberty of thinkin in that very language and feelin as well.This is a handicap with English writers of our country if I may say so.

D said...

Nishu Sir'...well I will quote a Russian saying "Ivan, Young of age, old of mind".....and as friends, we always are!

Illuzon it's great to see you back!

Heidi said...

When in school we never recognise it's worth but hindi literature is what brings india to life right before are eyes, and maybe that's why we do not go for it; reality is too harch for those living in cocooned shells