Friday, November 18, 2005

Delusive Introspection....


I am getting old, with each passing day, I think I am getting old not only in physical sense but emotionally too, I think it happens with each one of us….our souls are like machines, coz we do not use them (in some cases at all) so it get rusted and than its quality depreciates…Why this happens? Machines can be oiled, dusted and can be made re-ready to use, but can a rusted soul be oiled…may be not or like 'T' says….Yes, No…Maybe!

The reason I am contemplating this is, That everyday when I go to office, on every next red light as the car stops, kids standing on the pavements rush, some with pirated books in hands, some with a cloth in hand and diligently start wiping the dust of the ‘luxury’, ‘family’ car or ‘SUV’….not all the time they get rewarded or should I say paid? I don’t know whose and what dust they try to wipe -
Dust from our souls
Dust from the vehicle
Dust from their fate

When I say this, I remember that In NCERT books, on the front page there is “Gandhiji’s Talisman” …I don’t remember it word to word but its zest was that ‘your every action should be determined, that how it will affect the fate of millions deprived and whenever you face a dilemma, always try to remember the face of the poorest guy and than think, how this action is going to help him’ , when I see these kids and think I cannot justify my actions….I think I should make a difference but how, can a unsuccessful person like me, who has not the ability to make a difference to his own life and can make a difference in some one’s else…….or am I too running away like all?


May be this school poem, which I use to recite with a few hundred in morning prayers, where the whole idea was to sing it best and than as I moved up…than to wind it up early, now holds some meaning……

It is better to light, just one little candle
than to stumble in the dark,
Better far than those.....
all you need is just a tiny spark,

If we all say a prayer that the world would be free
The wonderful dawn of a new day will see,
and from just one little candle
What a bright world this would be.....


And about ‘T’…….. “Kahan ho yaar? Bahut ho gaya….plz ek baar mil to lo”

6 comments:

Nishu said...

Man, u still remember that "talisman". but then, those were the days when we used to laugh at it...have u read it in hindi...? it looks aweful.."main tumhe ek jantar deta hoon...." when we read it first, thought would be great to get a new jantar, but after reading it we cursed him, and then it became a kind of routine, we used to open the book, had a glimpse of talisman, and then give him a quick "Peace of our mind". but yes, now we find its relevance. our actions dont help anybody except us. but thats how the world survives.. eternal struggle for existence

boogersdelhidiaries said...

The soul is one entity, if there ever was one, which can be oiled, renewed and reborn. In fact, it's what many faith centrally strive for- to renew the soul so that you can become a new being with a new outlook and perspective in life.

illusion said...

Well you thought about it...that's more than enough.It's immaterial that if we can make a difference or not...what is important is have that realisation..."chetna"...that's the word

Anonymous said...

finally i find a blogger who has some faith in otherwise discarded utopian ideas... i so hope everyone does start lighting that "one" candle.

Laymiro said...

Just scrolled through a few of your posts. Downpour of myriad thoughts and several moods.Good. Strange enough but, do I know the one who writes by the name "D"??? I thought so never mind if I dont :P

Pranshu
(http://jammysundaytimes.rediffblogs.com)

D said...

Thx to all people first... I never knew an introspection, will bring so many comments...lol.

To Nishu Sir, I agree with you and Charles Darwin both...but than for what we created society? and as for Bapu...try reading his autobiography'

Absolutely right DD, but the caretakers of faith are too involved in gathering herds rather than caring...I dont believe in "God"...but your idea gives hope!

Illuzn...you know I would rather love to be ignorant rather than live with the curse.

Navneet...I dont know, I am no Marxist...I wrote only what I feel...but than the point is only some of us light that candle...perhaps we just write, just write!

Pranshu...read your profile..me never been to Jamshedpur...anyhow if you know me awesome...if dont..this isn't a bad place to continue on...