Monday, November 20, 2006

Candle


Last night there was no electricity. I don’t know but for me darkness means introspection. I hate to do it but I cannot escape. Resigning to my fate, I started speaking to the lonely candle and then slowly but surely, unsuccessfulness dawns -


How come darkness in the room
when a candle burning bright,
Between my heart and mind
this is an ongoing philosophical fight;

Have I become like wires
the nerves suddenly lost their current,
There! A little glow in the dark
at the expense of wax being burnt;

It trickles down her body
and she can feel the pain,
But a strange smile on her face
just watch the glowing flame;

She knows the end is near
as the clock hands dance,
Her bosom swells with tears
as liquefaction enhance;

Orange, blue and yellow
that is all what she posses,
Don’t look at her with pity
there is warmth near those curves;

She starts becoming shorter
and I am petrified,
Don’t leave me, I beg
without you, how will I survive?

Finally I bring her close
try to hold on the last sight,
It seems that she also efforts a fake smile
perhaps an attempt, to sparkle my dark night;

Some moments of glory
or another battle lost?
For the darkness again engulfs me
but she illuminates my thought;

That’s why, my mind and heart
debate over it all night,
How come darkness in the room
when a candle burning bright?
when a candle burning bright…..

2 comments:

Id it is said...

Beautiful! Philosophical musings at a candle burning! What a rich image and you embellished it with some great thought:
'How come darkness in the room
when a candle burning bright'?

Anonymous said...

Intresting musings..:)If it wasnt for the burning candle one would not know wat is light..jus trying to look@ te brighter side of it!!:))
Regds
Muskaan