Monday, October 30, 2006

Z & Me

I'm writing this in a spur of the moment.

Yesterday Z came; he has called it off with A. He broke his cell phone as well. Interestingly, now I know a sizeable number of people who broke their cell phones along with their relationships. What is the relation between a cell phone and a relationship? I think cell phone is overused during a relationship and that's why people break it when they part off. As if resigning to the fact that unless they get a new partner, their cell phone will not be of much use.


I haven't thrown my cell till now. I may have dropped it unknowingly but never thrown it or even thought about that. At most I have switched it off for some days. Well my case is totally different; I mean I'm not rich. The cell phone I have is going to be now 3 years old and somehow or the other I never was able to buy another one. Like always Z was reluctant to talk about it initially and then he vent it out. So….

Z - I haven't done anything wrong. I mean she was with sitting with some one in the middle of the night. How can I take that? Can you take that?

D - (Undergoing a soul search) Hmmm….I mean I don't know.

Z - What!!? You don't know.

D - I mean Yes, you're right. But you could have been more understanding and besides you were not going to marry her, right?

Z - So what? I mean. I wasn't there in that relationship just for sex. I have enough. I am 24 yaar. I'm looking for peace. You tell me, I could have also done the same then?

D - But what about that girl? With whom you recently had this fling.

Z - That was a one-off case and I was sorry about it. You know what D, I am a middle class Indian. I may be a hypocrite but then I've some values. I'm not like these metro-class babalogs who have this no problem attitude.

D - (Playing with the cig.) Haan, I think you're right. So what should I do?

Z - You? Where are 'you' in the picture?

D - (Realising my mistake) I mean, what you want me to say?

Z - (Now fuming) Nothing. I care a damn if you adhere to what I stand for. I think I've done right. It's not about 'ego'. Before it also happened.

D - what?

Z - Are yaar, this guy. He liked her and she refused but she still use to go out with him and talk to him.

D - But you can't dictate someone's' life

Z - Fuck You. I was not dictating anything; she should've the brains. I mean how can you put your faith on a guy who has already expressed his feelings for you. Tell me if I would've gone with N…you know about her. I don't become even friendly with her. Yaar, thts why I said I am a middle class bloke. I cannot take that shit that my girfriend being friendly with her ex or some one who has got other feelings for her.

D - Is about feeling insecure? That means the relationship never had any strength.

Z - How much you deny that but Yes. Also I don't think except Chinkis and babalogs anyone will take that shit? It's annonying and if you really love, forget about love, if you even are 1% emotional you won't take that. Tu bata, what would you've done?

D - I? (Lighting that cigarette)…I may have done the same after all I'm also a middle class Indian.


-----------------We both laughed and then had a chicken for dinner, played pool, cursed all the girls in our lives, decided to become entrepreneurs one day, to marry a girl which our parents will choose and then renounce this world soon after. So all this decision making took 20 B&H lights with which we excercised our lungs. Early morning when he went off to sleep, I came out, lighted another cigarette and thought - Is it much better to stay unsuccessful? I looked at my phone….it was there, as if sleeping soundly. -------------------

No comments: