Friday, March 16, 2007

Futility....


My world is full of highly unsuccessful people. And sometimes I think they are in a way more unsuccessful than me. Believe me that doesn’t give me any sense of satisfaction but irritates me more. I find parasites all around me, may be even I’m one of them. Who knows?
But for sure I’m disappointed of people. At least I’m happy being unsuccessful but these wicked creatures always try to creep out of that hole, only to slip further down. Their downfall irks me more. I mean if I would have been god (if he is there) I would have condemned them to death, immediately and take pleasure from the fact that I’ve ended their eternal sufferings.
But then I look at some other weird creatures, hanging around. And when I am unable to understand why they behave in such a manner, I feel dismayed. I don’t know what nirvana is and nor I am interested in. Guess like its my fault, I expect. And perhaps expectation is the root cause of all my grievances. When people don’t match up your expectations, you start falling apart.

Need Theory

Now when I postulate this, I get more irate. It’s like we all have empty spaces within us. And we try to fill that empty space through someone else. This empty space is both physical and emotional. There are thousands of us, who are waiting so that their empty spaces get filled. And when we find someone else who also has an empty space, which can be filled by us and ours by them, we come together. We give it the name of a relationship. So a simple transaction process gets coined as love, friendship and etc.
The moment that empty space is filled, we divert to other areas and try to fill them. Nothing wrong. But when one party has that space filled and it thinks that its no more of an empty space, it tries to break the agreement. Now if both the parties feel the same it becomes a mutual understanding and the ties are snapped of easily. However, if any of the party doesn’t get its due share, either it tries to cling on or start looking for an another person desperately.
Overall the net result is that it rarely happens that two people can stick together cause of any emotions. Either the emotions should move on to a next level or there should be other bindings. And when this plain truth of transaction dawns upon me it makes me cynical to everyone around.

So what we do?

I don’t have an answer for this. But I think there are two ways. The first one is that one should be clinical about that need. It’s like you become a parasite. The other is you try to fulfill your needs by yourself, now that asks for a lot.

What I am doing about it?

I am going through a realisation process. It is exactly the same which I went through some years ago. The only problem is that its very easy to get out of this process but extremely tough to go through it. But its like self cleansing.

Do we all need someone?

Yes, we need friends because we want to be happy, we want partners to satiate our desires. We need parents and so we need kids. Similarly for pets and so on.

But at the end of the day, one needs to remember that we all will be unsuccessful. In some way or the other. You’ve two choices. Either to accept it, like I’ve done or call it life and keep moving.....unsuccessfully.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crude it may sound..but true it is.Couldnt agree with you more on this note!!

Regds
Muskaan

Anonymous said...

SEE ITS ALSO ABOUT vACCUM THEORY...
its being suspended in mid air and wanting to be there.
If everyone is unsuccessful then that indeed would be a life to consequently suspend in the collective vaccum but then the concept of relativity comes into force.
Accepting life is one way and living it is another... try giving this a thought

Id it is said...

Going by your theory, we are all sharing the fate of Sisyphus; rolling the stone up the mountain only to see it roll down just as we get to the peak! If that is indeed the fate of all mankind, then,"accept it, like I’ve (you've) done or call it life and keep moving.....unsuccessfully".
HOWEVER, won't it be nice to have a partner who will be by our side when as we watch that stone roll down the mountain, every time we almost bring it to the peak!
Companionship is always a plus during adversity and sorrow; given that those are the two basic ingredients that constitute life (as you define it, hehe) you're better off with a 'someone'.

Id it is said...

If 'futility' is the name of the game, then we are all Sisyphus's pushing our individual stones repeatedly up a mountain only to see it roll down at the very peak!
However, it may not be a bad idea to have a companion to share in the plight since misery loves company: better two than one to watch the stone roll down!

Anonymous said...

Im a regular visitor to ur blog...but your writings are usually long and its on black background...I dont have a good eyesight...Would be nice if you can do something about the font or the background...I love reading this space...so just a request...

dharmabum said...

do we realy need people or do we want them?

D said...

Cannot agree less with you Muskaan.

Pricky...check something on 'Trishanku'...

III...U may be right....but here the person accompanying you is for his/her reason and he/she'll leave you anywhere in middle and till you don't find the next company..the journey will be painful..won't it be?

Dear Anonymous...will take care of that very soon.

D'bum...we need them as well as want them...those we want..we do not put much efforts to be with them...coz want can be replaced easily...but need...it takes time to find a replacement easily!

MS said...

Hey D,
accepting it all is a truth and a fact that we all do, eventually. but the fact of the matter is that acceptance is the part of moving on... successfully or unsuccessfully depends on you. like smoking a cig, you know it kills slowly... but you still choose to smoke... on the other hand i don't!