Sunday, July 02, 2006

Move On......


Well the past week has been quite an interesting one. And I’m scared. Being scared is also somewhat fun. Just a passing thought, I am in no mood to write.


“For silence is the mother of future and noise announce the death of present”


I still remember it was a toy
for which I first understood the word ‘joy,’
One day, it somehow broke
I nearly missed a stroke,
For the kid lost its love
just with a small thud!
My mom then explained
life is not so plain,
Things never remain the same
change is the name of the game,
I asked the toy, would you be all right
it remained quiet
And I moved on,


This happened in my teens
I loved this school queen,
Me an unknown face
she had a great taste,
I was always lost in her thoughts
for her, I never existed, Boss!
I asked her once, will she be mine
she said, I’m fine,
I realised it a little late
that her calendar is full of dates’
And, I moved on


College was different place
I joined the mad race,
To prove that I am good
whether at girls or with textbooks,
Never got what I desire
adjustments extinguished my fire,
Was a loser in every term
still, to be with me was fun,
All because I never wept
for whatever gone is gone
I have to move on,


For all, what I lost
I am not surprised
it was my decision right?
I gave them a just chance
pity that they didn’t appreciate my glance,
It does pains somewhere
but I have no fear,
The road ahead is too long
and, anyhow, I have to move on.

2 comments:

Nishu said...

Wow! Now this poem is really good.
And rarely say this to anyone.

but “For silence is the mother of future and noise announce the death of present” is bit to complicated.. may be at the time of end i'll realize it.

After reading this poem, i remembered one more such inspiring poem about the "work of god" which i read long back. How the mother explained his son the beautiful handicraft she was making which looked ugly from the beneath where he was sitting... May be i'll post that soon, here, after i again get it..

Id it is said...

Good one!
'Move on' best solution to all ills.