Friday, March 10, 2006

The Zoo....

I don’t know how to dish out this particular piece, more because I am not able to format it. Things have considerably changed yet it is mundane. All these years lack of excitement has so become a part of my life, that if anything changes I look at it with skepticism and thus more or less it turns out or I unknowingly make it dreary.

Anyhow I have been admitted to the Zoo, where besides me we have 23 more inmates, the only thing we share is the same “Specie”, so no alien war is projected in near future and since as of now the struggle for survival is unannounced, so it’s a phony bonhomie feeling among all residents.

I have unsuccessfully tried not to be a sore thumb till now, yet there is a sense of cynicism creeping in, now I have no answer to, Why it so?
The ring masters are singing some absurd tunes which I am unable to comprehend but than my experience of surviving in inhospitable conditions is coming handy, believe me physical death must not be so painful as a slow mental death is!


The choice of coming in this Zoo, was a forced personal choice, forced because of circumstances, personal because I made those circumstances, sometimes I feel that more or less its divine intervention and than try not to think about it. How unknowingly we can be chess pieces in the game of Gods (if any), it gives me some excitement to think that I am a pawn or rook of some God/Goddess chess player, who would be placing his hopes on me, making sure I make the right moves or rather he/she makes, so taking the burden off my shoulders.

The other inhabitants are much better than me, some with better claws, shining furs or a better genetic background and me, perhaps the last caged animal, which people forget to see or deliberately miss as they are already tired. Who live anonymously and perhaps die so, again the physical disintegration would be much welcomed than painful existence!


Now since I am the Zoo and I have to perform, so learning the antics is must, I don’t know if I will be successful and this time unsuccessfulness would mean that I would be thrown to the natural world, where existence is under constant threat. Now since I have nothing to show, the only way to catch attention is either be meek, which unfortunately I am not or to growl for no reason, now all we have to see whether it comes out as lion’s growl or a choked bark! Will keep posting about my adventures at this cultured Zoo…


P.S.- After effect of reading the “Life of Pi”, an awesome book.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

yupp a great book bt Yann Martel..it is a relief to think at times that u r a pawn in god's hands so do watever u want to..it's what he wants...which is escapism at it's best..keep posting

Nishu said...

(^_^)

nice one, lash. thanks.

(^_^)

Nishu said...

Happy holi man!!

(^_^)

illusion said...

zoo...i guess u referrin to the same place that we discussed? is it?
If yes...then must say..hilarious description....

D said...

Nt-khat...sometimes "Escapism" is the only thing which brings you peace of mind, is it bad to indulge in luxury, once in a blue moon, though I wear blue glasses..lol

Thx Nishu sir...Happy Holi to u 2.

@Lash, I think when Salman Rushdie says, it makes sense, you can excuse me for jabbering.

Yes Illuzn, you guessed it right...but i am having a nightmare out here...lol

Jina said...

Indeed very enlightening...and i loved dat book tooo..:)...