Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Makhtub.....

Winters has brought nothing new for me and it has also been quite dismissive of my stand against nature, that I do not like seasonal changes…..this was just articulated by the met dept. prophecies to expect more chill in up coming days. I just don’t like winters, for me it’s a pain both physically and mentally. Physically coz my already lean frame, refuses to stand up against this onslaught and I develop cold and it other family members, mentally coz I am already inactive and the cold give me one more reason to be so!




Anyhow….I was unable to buy a cell-phone not because I didn’t have money but becoz I felt that spending 18k for a mobile was not worth it…..Well if some marketing student want to do a case study on me…..I think than I would have been the perfect material for that, I searched markets, asked about product availability, post-sales services, resale value and what not and all this exercise went futile as I finally decided not to buy that…..I personally feel that it was the middle class mentality that was the only roadblock that strangulated my dreams…..or am I like the Alchemist’s merchant, who could never go for pilgrimage……and than as he said Makhtub……….

So yesterday Z came, I had called him because I was afraid going alone to buy the cell, although we ended up at TGIF, Priya’…..had some rum and after that he decided for me that it was better if I keep the corpse of unsuccessfulness’ on my shoulders as than it could always act as a motivation for doing something good in life, so buying a new cell would lessen its weight and henceforth both materialistically and by intellectual standards, I have no rights to buy it! ……And than even in half inebriated state I kept my vow of not watching movies in hall......

N is having a bad time at IMA, makes me think why not always life goes in a straight fashion when it ought to be?

And this is for all those, who are fighting against their sins’ past or present, successfully or unsuccessfully, like me or unlike me……


Crossroads as they say
it happens all in sway,
Rhyming seems imperfect
tongue has lost its sweet effect,
Guarded air as they say
even sun sprays poison ray,
Words spell doom and sound grave
sea has lost its splash waves,
Me, huh the lone fighter
Keeps the vigil on the crown
and also speaks in a perfect noun,
All day and night, I would be the one
though Unsuccessful’ in my run
still going to say, yes it is still fun……

9 comments:

Nishu said...

makhtub!!

Its there in everyone's life .. but why i never understand, even if u go that extra mile apart from keeping a lot of buffer in that distance also, still its makhtub!! unsuccessfulness..!! (@_@)

M i hit by your bug or still theres scope for a baygon? unsuccessful in knowing this too :( Makthub, i should say. (@_@) ..

Hell lot of work piled up again(@_@)

Alchemist is good but winds never listen when they oppose you.

Heidi said...

Winters .. well i hate them too cos of the same reasons (but where u r lean and expected to feel cold, iam not, if u get it!!)

Winters are also a metaphor just as night and day...the chill of death .. loneliness.. silence, is winter while summer is the warmth of life..people..and music..So i guess we have to deal with it

Anonymous said...

I did a survey of cells with my dad some 7 months back when he wanted to buy nokia 6600... I mean he did, I just roamed arnd with him. He wanted to buy a cell. For the need, even a samsung second hand handset cud have done but then my bro wanted 6600.... So he gave in. lolz. Dont buy cell if its not imp. People get a gud way to track you down when you most wanna run away frm them :D

and hey, I like that poem :D I really like. specially the first 8 lines.... just d way i feel..... n last two lines... EXACTLY d way it goes :D

Anonymous said...

I think I seriously gotta get my hands on THE ALCHEMIST now!

illusion said...

hey your blog is encounterin some problem in the comment field..have been tryin since yesterday and got through now!!
well not lost..but have been too busy to blog..hmmm.there's a new post...and ya as usual i have to say...lovely lines.....

boogersdelhidiaries said...

i love the smell of winter. But i'm right there with you when it comes to what winter does to da body..

And rum. Rum, Rum Rum..it's such a good word to use in cold weather.

Cheers to our unsuccessfulness. Hic.hic.

D said...

Nishu Sir' well I cant comment on that, winds do listen have to keep on trying and as to be hit my bug...boss, I would recommend stop reading me!...lol

@Nt-khat thx for being with me on this....winters are just good for sleeping and than sleeping.....

Gem-gurl, you are right bt than I was thinking of buying a Sony-Ericsson one with 2 mega-pixel, though later decided why nt a camera?....Im still swinging, Alchemist worth your time, nice crisp story and 1nce again thx for appreciating!

Illuzn....thx for the new post first and for comments ....all yours'@unsuccessful....lol

DD....though me not yet Devadas...bt yeah rum definitely sounds good and "cheers...." this is what I just thought when I gulped the first shot....lol

jedi said...

Here is a fellow shopper, who has got shopping shivers. so it was fun reading tht.i had postulated many excuses for the awkard choices i made-well, got one more. it cud b tht middle class mentality. and man, did u coin those lines..if so, take my advice and start a blog for ur poetry. i mean exclusively. thrs talent in the way u crafted it

D said...

Thx Jedi.....as you know, rhyming is not poetry, so......anyhow, as abt the shopping shivers, next time take a grl out with you....lol