Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Zoo- The End.





My term at the Zoo has finally ended. It was a surreal experience. I floated all this time from one extreme to another. I don’t know but my stay at the Zoo is something beyond my comprehension. I made rules and broke them. I took stands and deviated. I was there and I was never around. I have something and I have nothing to lose. Sometimes it is best to leave things unanswered and this time as well let it be so….but it pains!!!


Besides that, I explored Delhi and she did let me do that with enough resistance. Today, I am yet to explore her fully. I don’t know how she feels or will feel (am I sure of that?). But I can feel her curves, I can smell her breath, I can taste her flavour, I can see her beauty and can hear her say things on which she keeps mum (mind you, she teases a lot). There is a disconnect somewhere, somehow but that’s the fun, after all Delhi says – either develop a sixth sense or be unsuccessful, choice is yours…I am already one.

I asked my soul: What is Delhi?
she replied: The world is the body and Delhi its life.


Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib

5 comments:

illusion said...

I guess Dalrymple has passed on the baton of writing about delhi to u..
aapke saath dilli ke baare mein padhna aur bhi acha lagta hai

PS: dilli bahut yaad aati hai...yeh main bolte bolte thak gayi...but tum jale par namak chidakna bandh hi nahin karte

Heidi said...

have changed blog address to itcouldnot.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

cities never talk, do they? they can be sensed, lived, touched. thanks for the lessons in sensing, living...and touching.

D said...

Illuzn...bhai aisa kuch nahi he, aur hum to aapko sirf isliye yaad dilate hein ki aap yehan aa jao...lol

Sure Heidi...i'll check the new address.

Newprayers....there is a subtle difference between realism and non-existence. Cities do talk, I guess one needs to have patience. As for the lessons...pleasure was all mine.

Known Stranger said...

ha ha what a expression. delhi - i love it except the traffic. no offense please to share this view

in my old office there is a common saying of differenting the regional office ( not generalisation - please no offence ) we normally start with norhth

North - crooks and show off
west - survivors and winners
east - intellectual but lazy
south - hard working but slaves